Thursday, June 27, 2013



The Pilot: I decided I would try and paint my own pilot. Big mistake, I am not that talented. After painting the helmet, jacket and belts I decided to have someone else paint the face so I gave it to a girl that works for me who is an amateur artist. Should be finished today.
 



 
I did a pre balance test and figured out where best to place the batteries, smoke system and regulator. I am going to try and install the radio without visible wiring. So I cut out the factory rudder servo try I am not using and place a light weight solid ply and also cut a 36” piece of balsa to run the length of the fuselage to cover the servo extensions. I do recommend doing this unless you have small hand (I don’t) and long skinny arms. I almost scrapped this idea a couple times. In the end it did come out nice but it was an added 4 hours of work.
 





 
 
My father use to say “you need to put a little blood into every plane” well, I have put my blood into this one three time so far.

 
I am still waiting on the correct headers so the engine installation remains on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment