Thursday, June 6, 2013

I am really dragging this week. Life work and an eye allergie got in the way. But I managed to finish the wires on the tail section and get all the servos in the wing. Some people set the flaps up to operate as ailerons to fly a more 3D style but I am keeping with the scale traditional flying on this plane. I want it to be aerobatic but not a 3D plane.

I am using a new engine to the market it’s the GP (Great Power). A good friend is the US dealer and I really spent a considerable amount of time checking out all the planes with these new engines at Joe Nall. Everyone seems to only have good things to say and it’s obvious they have more power and are about 10% cheaper. Sooooo I will bite and try.


The plane is set up to use a 50cc-85cc and fitting this GP 88evo is going to be a small challenge and require some modifying.  The first will be to make a template to cut an opening in the fire wall to fit the carb. The firewall will also need to be moved back 14mm which shouldn’t be too hard since Pilot does not mount the firewall. That’s left for the builder to complete.


I will need to figure out what size drop in header length to order for the can muffler so installing the smoke and completing the engine compartment will be on hold for a few days waiting for the header.


1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to see how that engine works over time. Hopefully it's a good alternative.

    ReplyDelete