Monday, July 1, 2013

Getting Close:


Getting Close:  I plan to maiden it on the 4th of July.
The Pilot is finished thanks to a friend for painting the face.
 
 
After mounting the top of the engine box I spent a couple hours sanding, priming and painting the engine compartment. 




 
The new correct 70mm drop MTW headers arrived and I tapped them for the smoke. The ideal place is 4” from the inlet on the header. I use 10/32” fittings.  I also use JB weld on the thin wall header to help secure a permanent fit.



 
Unfortunately I had to use a pushrod with a bend in it for the throttle servo. This is not my desired connection but due to limited space I didn’t have much of a choice.




 
I have finally got all the servo leads and wires installed and hidden as much as possible. I used fishing line and piano wire to fish the wires. This ended up taking hours of extra work but the end result is a very clean look.
 



 
Again I like the 4titude tanks for the fuel and smoke oil. They have excellent visibility of the quantity and most important the clunks. They weigh almost nothing and my favorite part, they are already plumed.  I am using 32oz for both fuel and smoke oil. The Sullivan Skywriter smoke pump is forward in the engine box so as to have the shortest possible tube length to the headers.  

 
Hopefully the next update will be the completion and final touch ups before the maiden.
 
Hope you enjoyed Thanks for reading.

1 comment: