Monday, June 24, 2013


Moving onto the wings:  I ordered the wrong size headers for this plane. I got 90mm drop headers and they drop too much so until the correct 70mm drop headers arrive I cannot do much more around the engine. The 90mm hit directly into the firewall former.
 
 
 

When I was at the Joe Nall I came across some very cool connectors for multiple servos from Taildragger RC. They eliminate plugging in several servo leads per wing and possible plugging one into the wrong lead from the receiver. They are made either to order or two connections, three or even four.  They cannot be plugged in backwards; I love the clean simplicity of these.  

 
One thing I have started doing is wrapping my connections in foam. Although the connection has a safety connector on it they are a place of weak link so the foam should help it even more under vibration and high G maneuvers.

 
On my last 100cc plane I used only one servo per aileron but these aileron’s are so big (almost 8”) I am using two per control surface.
 
Next will be programming/matching the all the wing servos.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment