Saturday, June 22, 2013


Thank you for all nice compliments in your emails. It feels good that so many people actually got something out of my building. I think you all will notice the difference with the rudder on push/pull. And yes these are carbon fiber pushrods not the fiberglass ones you get at the local hobby store.

Finishing the tail section: The horizontal stabilizer is pretty straight forward. After enlarging the cut out for the servo to fit the bigger servo case on the BLS157’s I just drop in the servo and attached a 2” SWB arm that is the same used on all of the servos. 



 
The business end of things:  To get the GP123 ready I disconnected the return springs on both the choke and the throttle. I then cut the plastic automatic stopper on the choke. This is put in place to keep the throttle on while chocking but for our purposes it could cause a blockage or strain on the servo with the worst being in flight so off it goes. 



 
After measuring the distance required for standoffs I found center and drilled the firewall for mounting the GP. After scuffing up the wood that will be epoxied together on the firewall I glued it in place using 30 minute epoxy and top and bottom clamps.  Even though the epoxy dries in thirty minutes I leave the clamps on for 24 hours. The epoxy may be dry but it is still bendable and parts can shift so the longer we wait the more confident I am that nothing can move.

 
So far fit and finish has been what I have come to expect from Pilot RC everything is tight and no corners cuts.

Thanks for reading, Spats

No comments:

Post a Comment