Monday, July 29, 2013

The owner stops by to inspect.

Well not much to report except Dave stopped by to check out his plane and my work. Oh and make a list of necessary products we need to keep progress moving in the hanger.

 
We just had to slip on the wings for a full look and wow what a stunning, intimidating plane.  The 110” wing span demanded a dose of reality of just how big this bird is.

 
I have been gathering information of just how the details should appear and where placement of things belongs.  I am in the process of designing a mechanism that will close the tail doors when the tail wheel retracts and I think I’ve got it figured out.  I am in one of what I think will happen often during this build a stop think plan and design stage.  I am also waiting for parts to be delivered before moving on. I have SWB servo arms coming so that I can start all the pushrod creating and assembling process to hook up servos. They should arrive soon and I can finish up the tail section with the exception of the tail retract that needs to be customized to a little shorter down travel.  Originally I thought we would have to send it back to the factory but I think I have a way to customize it myself. 

 
Thank you to all the encouraging emails and yes I am a bit crazy but I love this plane and the build. It’s almost one of those bucket list things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment