Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gear up!


Today I dove in to the Corsair. After laying out all the gears and reading for the last week all the different installations I plugged them in and started some programming. One gear is in-operable so it may need to get shipped back to the manufacture unless I figure out if I am doing something wrong. Waiting for a call back from them. That’s the problem living on the west coast all the manufactures seem to be very east of us and unless I can call early enough it’s a hurry up and wait until tomorrow.

But in the mean time I started on the left gear. One thing I have learned over the years is do not rely on some one else’s measurements even the manufactures. So many variations can alter how things need to fit so I spent a good couple of hours measuring before I started and it seems to have paid off. 

After 6 ½ hours it feels very rewarding to watch it operate. It’s always hard to decide where and how to get my feet went when starting a new project and now I feel ready to move on. Not that I was ready to give up. LOL

 
 
You can see I need to trim the wing cover on the upper left just a bit for instillation which is in the instructions.

 
I then trimmed the gear to be able to slide into the opening. This will not affect the strength of the gear at all in fact only serve to lighten it up a bit maybe.


 
I also need to drill a hole in the shear web above the wing tube. This is so that when the gear cycles down the threaded rotating shaft can extend out ward. It is very important that this shaft have clean open room to extend. If it were to bind or hang up it could prevent the gear from working. I like the electric gear it has a built in lock to keep the gear down and that is most important on a heavy scale plane.

 
After 6 ½ hours it feels very rewarding to watch it operate. It’s always hard to decide where and how to get my feet went when starting a new project and now I feel ready to move on. Not that I was ready to give up. LOL
 
 
Video  
 

1 comment:

  1. Those electric converted retracts work sweet. That is the way to do it.

    ReplyDelete