Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Part 4 Slick 540

Sorry for the delay in updates. I have been getting a couple hours a day on it with slow progress. I have also been delayed due to change of plans and ordered some more wood. I will cover why later but it has to do with getting more throw out of my control surfaces. I also picked up the ne engine this weekend and will start trial fitting it.
Tail wheel installed.

Fine sanding to prep the rear deck

Cut out template for the sheeting

Cutting the sheeting to be vacuum glued onto the foam

Rear deck in the vacuum bag


Trimming the rear deck for the rudder area I used a hot knife.

Here is the rear deck installed.

I used cross threaded carbon fiber to re-enforce the rudder before sheeting. The sheeting will glue right over it.

Prepping the sheeting for the vertical stab

While the rudder dry's in the bag I started prepping the stabs. Here I used the dermal router to cut 1/8th inch deep into the foam for the plywood servo mount.

I also used the router to cut the balsa on the rudder and then pushed the hot knife through and cut the foam.


Gluing in the vertical stab using the laser level

Glued in.
Tomorrow I will sheet the stabs and prep the wings for sheeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment