Saturday, February 7, 2015

Cowl is mounted


I Finally was able to get back to work on things. The rudder is hinged and complete. The stabs are in the vacuum bag sheeted and drying. I am going to make some modifications to them that I will display on the next update.

The cowl took a little time to set up. I mounted the cowl ring to the fuse after installing the blind nuts and 1/4" round plywood supports for the blind nuts. Then with the engine temporarily mounted I made sure the cowl lined up with the spinner. Next after the engine was removed I used Loctite Hysol glue to mount the cowl. This glue is extremely strong and easy to work with but very expensive. I think I will use it to mount the canopy as well.

To cut the rudder I marked it out on both sides and then used the dremal router to cut 1/8" down, just enough to cut the wood. I put the hot knife threw the rudder and slowly cut the foam moving along the cut wood sheeting.













1 comment:

  1. Nice work Randy. Very labor intensive but you will be rewarded. You must love to build?! to take on a project like this. I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete