Monday, February 4, 2013








 
I tackled the rudder!
I cut the fuse where the servo would line up and fit the best. Really I didn’t have much choice where to put it. But it has a very direct connection and I am super happy with it. I cut off the original control horns for the cable I regrettably installed that went over the top of the stab and covered the area with matching covering. I had to cut a hole in the rudder bottom and inset a piece of ¼” plywood for the new horns (top one) to glue too. After I glued the top horn I placed wood between it and the bottom horn and glued again. Finally I added wood to the bottom of the bottom horn and recovered the square hole in the bottom of the rudder. All my worry seems was for nothing, it really was not difficult just a little time consuming.  Thank goodness for Dermal tools and numerous bit styles.
I made pushrods with carbon fiber tubes from Central Hobby and JB welded them to the 4-40 threaded rod. Very strong. I used the same pushrod set up on the throttle servo.  No bends or anything in the way of the throttle pushrod to hang up on.
I was going to do a pre balance on the plane but decided to forgo it as I am wanted to do the push/pull system no matter what and since I am not using 4 servos in the stabilizer I should be fine. I hope.
Tonight I am going to paint the engine box area and can tunnel.

1 comment:

  1. Hey that is a mod that i huge. Any progress is good progress. One more step forward

    ReplyDelete