Monday, February 11, 2013








 
I decided to pre-test the plane fit into the trailer. No problem with room to spare. I had a good friend Dave Sullivan a professional builder take a look at the plane. He offered up some great suggestions.  The first was to remove the center servo rudder tray in the fuselage since I am not using it. I then placed a very thin sheet of ply securing all 4 points to keep the strength. I definitely shedded some weight here.  I covered it with Ultracoat carbon fiber look to give it a little bling.  Note the picture gluing the sheet down. Sometimes you just have to use whatever is in reach to weigh it down.
I did a pre-balance on the plane and located where the batteries should be placed.  I wanted to keep the tanks as close to the CG as possible so as to not have the CG change as I burn off fuel. 
The progress has been a little slow because I have been going back over a few things that have been bugging me in the back of my mind. Lots of checking re-checking that kind of OCD stuff. 
Today I will start making temples for the baffling and cutting exits vents in the bottom of the cowl. This could be a two evening project for me.

1 comment:

  1. Look at that little itty bitty Yak. That a nice chunk wood you took out, every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete