Monday, May 26, 2014

Custom tuned pipe tunnel


The tuned pipes do not fit!

Seems like I hit the wall at every turn this week. The headers I purchased at Joe Nall were to long of a drop at 70mm soooo I had to order another set at 50mm drop. They will then need to be trimmed down to 12” length. The can tunnel box in the plane will barely fit can mufflers so I will really have to make some big mods to make them work.

First I had to completely cut out the factory rudder servo tray. Then I cut 2 ¾” circles in the back of the box for the pipes to slide through. I re-enforced the bottom of the fuse where the pipes will exit with 1/8”x3/8” spruce. When the new headers arrive I will close the box around the new tuned pipe exit to keep the heat out of the fuselage.

The ignition and radio switches are installed waiting to be plugged in.

I decided it was a good evening to itch my arms so I cut all the vents in the fiberglass cowl. This cowl is so much bigger I had to enlarge my custom templates.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment