Sunday, April 13, 2014

The green machine fly's again!


Finished and test flight success!!!!

Friday the cowl arrived late so I planned to paint it and mount it Saturday. Once I saw the plane could be finished and ready to fly if I just had the engine back from DA I decided to pull my new engine out of my SBACH and put it in Wayne’s Yak until his came back.  I was excited to see this plane get back in the air.  So I called Wayne and told him to bring some gas to the field Sunday, I don’t think he really believed me.
The only cowl available from the US distributer was one for a different scheme so I had to paint it.
I added some clues where the fuel goes.
By 9:00pm the plane was in the trailer and ready.
Test flight went perfect. We just needed to adjust the throttle servo a bit and Wayne was back to hovering on the deck. Well a little higher as he built his confidence back up.
It’s great to see the green machine back in the air but in all the excitement I forgot to take pictures.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment