Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Engine Box Complete




Day two.

The engine box is attached to the fuse and sandwiched with ply stringers going back 8” into the main walls of the fuse and epoxied in place. It’s probably stronger than factory.

The correct right and down thrust came out perfect.

I am glad most of the sanding is over, if I sneeze one more time I think my head will come off.

Much of the bottom of the fuse is soaked with smoke oil so after cleaning and sanding I applied a generous amount of Cover Grip so the new covering will adhear to the wood.

I should have the fuse complete, firewall fuel proofed, painted and ready for covering tomorrow and then onto the rudder and wings. I see a re-maiden flight next weekend.

 



Right angle thrust.


Cleaning the smoke oil off.

Sandwich bottom stringers going back into the can tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment