Tuesday, January 29, 2013


So after unpacking and lying everything out I dove in and started with the main landing gear. First I sealed the wood and covering edges under the gear with thinned down epoxy. I then mounted the carbon fiber gear. I replaced the factory wheels with light Whiterose 5” chrome wheels and titanium axels. The axels use a C clip instead of wheel collars making it fare more reliable.

I also changed out the standard wheel pants for Spats. I like the custom look and it shows those cool wheels off.  It will also work better for flying off grass. The tires are low profile so I used Spats designed for a 37% airplane in order to make a close fit and clean look.

I mounted the Whiterose light tail wheel. It’s larger than the factory one and I had to shorten it a ½” in order to put the wheel in the best location for steering. If I put it to far back the tail will over steer.  It raised the tail by ¾” but I wanted extra strength on it and I think it will work out great.

I am at a standstill on the rubber trying to figure out how I am going to customize the servo set up. I don’t want to use cables. I want to use a push/pull rear servo mount system and with the room under the stab it could be difficult. I may just pass on the rudder for a couple days and come back to it.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy it.












2 comments:

  1. Dam, you got a lot of work done in one day. We still need some reference to its size. Have Renee hold the tail up and stand next to it.

    Looks good though. Keep working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! gonna put a picture up tonight with me by it. It looks like a lot but now the sloooowwwwww stuff starts.

    ReplyDelete