Friday, March 20, 2015

Covering the Slick 540

I the base colors are on the wings and stabs. I used Balasarite on the sharp curves and around the engine box to help the covering stick good. And yes I am using my usual colors.

The first thing I do after sanding is use tack clothe on everything and get all the dust out of the shop.

I start the covering on the end points and then overlap 1/8" onto the ends (see pics). I am using Ultracote which uses much lower heat than Monokote. It does not stretch as good as Monokote either. Curves are a little more cumbersome. It's taking some getting used too.

I have ordered some custom designed graphics from B and E Graphics that should arrive next week. Hopefully they will make up for my lack of creativity in covering. Lol.




Applied Balsarite

 Covering the end points and sharp curves first
 



No comments:

Post a Comment